26 March 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE # 4
LETTER TO GMK SUPPLIERS
GMK Logistics takes the health and wellbeing of its employees, contractors, suppliers, customers and other supply chain partners very seriously.
As a supplier to our business, we appreciate you will be seeking assurances around GMK’s protocols with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic. We can confirm we have implemented a number of preventative measures to help mitigate the potential impacts, including:
- recommended precautions around hygiene and other health practices
- policies on travel in line with Government quarantine and isolation measures.
Further details are available in the various COVID-19 Announcements on our website. GMK requests that you familiarise yourselves with those measures and:
- implement preventative measures of no lesser standard
- ensure your employees and/or contractors, especially those attending GMK sites, comply with those measures.
Specifically, please communicate the following measures to your employees and/or contractors to help limit the risk of infection:
- provide contact free deliveries, with recipient verbally providing first and last name as proof of delivery while maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from the driver
- limiting face-to-face meetings
- avoiding gatherings of people and maintaining an appropriate distance from other people in line with current social distancing requirements
- no handshakes or other direct physical contact
- frequent handwashing using either soap and water or hand sanitiser product with a 60% or higher alcohol content
- cough or sneeze into their elbow or a tissue, not hands, and dispose of any tissue in a closed bin
- regularly disinfect equipment and handheld devices.
If you are aware of someone in your business who has flu-like symptoms, please ensure they do not attend any GMK site and that they also seek medical advice immediately.
If any of your employees and/or contractors are confirmed to have COVID-19, whether attending a GMK or any other site, you are required to notify your GMK contact immediately. In turn, we will advise you if GMK have a confirmed case at any site which you service.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) and Australian health authorities are providing continuous updates and advice about COVID-19. GMK will continue to monitor this advice, will amend our mitigation and preventative measures if appropriate, and will keep you informed of any changes via updates on our website.
Thank you for your ongoing support and please keep well!
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER