For the purposes of this Policy, GMK refers to G.M. Kane & Sons Pty Ltd (ABN 17 000 408 800) trading as GMK Logistics. In your dealings with GMK, whether through direct contact with our people and our businesses or via online interactions (GMK websites and/or GMK presences on social media outlets), GMK may collect information that can personally identify you (“Personal Information”).
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 defines 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s). Effective from 12 March 2014 these replace the former National Privacy Principles.
- the kind of personal information that we collect and hold, and how we will do this;
- the purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- how you may access your personal information and seek correction if necessary;
- how you may complain about a breach of the APPs and how we will deal with such a complaint; and
- if we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and if so, the countries in which they are likely to be located.
You can communicate with us either verbally, in writing, or via online interactions without identifying yourself. You can visit any of our websites or interact via social media without providing Personal Information.
However, GMK may ask for and collect Personal Information from you, if you choose to do any of the following things:
- Register with one of our websites;
- Request a quote from us;
- Establish a customer account facility with one or more of our businesses;
- Transact with us, either online or via traditional business interactions, including the purchasing or supplying of goods and/or services and associated activities;
- Lodge a complaint or a service query with us. While you are welcome to lodge a complaint anonymously or via a pseudonym, we may sometimes require sufficient information in order to respond appropriately; and
- Participate in one of our competitions or promotions.
GMK will only collect the minimum information necessarily required to fulfil our service commitments for you or to enhance our service to you.
GMK may obtain the following Personal Information:
- Your Name;
- E-mail address;
- Phone numbers;
- Facsimile number;
- Information required to facilitate payment of any goods or services either being procured from you by GMK, or being supplied by GMK to you; and
- Other information required in relation to the provision of any goods and/or services being requested/supplied by or to a GMK business.
GMK may request (or collect where relevant) additional information for our marketing and research purposes, which may include (without limitation):
- how you found out about one of our Sites;
- navigational data to monitor Site use and improve Site content;
- our product functionality preferences; and
- details of GMK products / services that you own or use (“Products”).
General statistical information may also be gathered and used to enhance the services offered by GMK. Such information is used in aggregate with all other customers and does not relate to individual customers.
We will not collect “sensitive information”, as defined by the APPs, unless you have given consent and such collection is reasonably necessary for our business activities.
If we receive any Personal Information from you that we did not request, then as soon as practical after we become aware, and if we may lawfully do so, we will destroy or de-identify that information, and will not keep any record of it.
You are free to ask us at any time to delete your Personal Information from our database, as explained in the “Opting-out” section below.
POSSIBLE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose to give us Personal Information, GMK may use it to support our customer relationship with you. For example, we may post or email to you from time to time information about Product upgrades, special offers, competitions, promotions and other new Products and services that we offer.
We will not use or disclose Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless:
- you would reasonably expect us to use such information for that purpose;
- we have provided a simple method by which you can request not to receive direct marketing communications from us; and
- you have not made such a request to us.
GMK will not divulge your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, unless we are legally required to do so, for example to a government agency.
GMK may disclose general or Personal Information (such as your address details) to our staff, contractors, related parties and / or trading partners where it is required in order to fulfil our service commitments for you or to enhance our service to you, and you would reasonably expect us to use such information for that purpose.
GMK does not store any Personal Information overseas, nor do we disclose your Personal Information to any overseas based businesses, except where expressly required in order to fulfil our service commitments to you (eg: address details on an overseas delivery).
If you purchase a Product or otherwise make payment on-line via credit card from one of our websites, we do not process or retain your credit card details within our systems.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information confidential and to protect it from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented and will continue to maintain current standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Information.
OPTING OUT AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us, you may do so at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link on the relevant communication. If you wish to update your Personal Information (such as your postal or email address or phone number), you may do so by contacting the relevant business unit(s).
If you wish to remove all your Personal Information from our systems, please contact the business unit(s) you are dealing with. Contact details for all business units may be found on the GMK Logistics website http://gmklogistics1.wpengine.com. Alternately you may phone GMK Administration on 1300 796 208 or email email@example.com
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our websites and social media sites may provide you with links to other Internet sites (“Third Party Sites”) or social media sites that are not operated by GMK and which have their own information privacy and collection practices. If you choose to link from a Site to a Third Party Site, GMK has no responsibility for the privacy or protection of any Personal Information that you may submit to the operator of that site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Contact details for all GMK businesses may be found on the GMK Logistics website http://gmklogistics1.wpengine.com